Meet the Owners!
Heather Bourns is the new owner of We Rock the Spectrum – Ballston Spa and is so excited and grateful to be a part of the We Rock the Spectrum family! She and her husband, Aaron, met while they were both serving in the United States Army. The military taught them about diversity and the importance of inclusion, and selfless service.
After the military, Heather went on to become a Certified Nursing Assistant to both retirement homes, and a home for medically fragile children. While still on the move, she became a Labor & Delivery doula. As their family started expanding, having an on-call schedule did not fit their lifestyle anymore. Aaron is an incredibly determined go-getter. His leadership skills and determination led him to his current position as an Operations Manager for a leading equipment facility (all the while completing his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration!).
“We are active members of our church, sporting events with school, and always on the lookout for our next adventure. It has always been our calling to help people in any way that we could. It takes a village! We know our comfort zones are a wonderful place, but nothing ever grows there. With perseverance, love, dedication, and the We Rock mission, we wanted to find a place where, along with the community, we could be involved in enhancing our children’s lives. As we all know, they are our future. We want to honor their growth, their pace, and give them a place where they can be themselves without judgment.”
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination